12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Side Dish Recipe

12.17.2012


Hi there, I'm Gina. Full name Regina. Call me either - I don't mind.

My blog is a little about what inspires me, a little about the handmade community/my business, and a lot about my life.

I am here today sharing a Christmas side dish recipe! Hope you enjoy!


For most of my life I thought I hated brussels sprouts.  I used to cry when my mom would put them on my dinner plate.  {Yes, I am a tiny bit dramatic ;).}

About a year ago, I tried roasted brussels sprouts topped with a little balsamic vinegar glaze and fell in love.  I have no idea why I was hating on these little yummy bits of green goodness for so many years!  

I cannot get enough roasted brussels sprouts and today I am going to show you a super simple jazzed up recipe that will make the perfect side dish or appetizer at your next holiday meal.


Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze and Goat Cheese
-1 pound of brussels sprouts, cut in half or quarters if the sprouts are large
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-salt and pepper
-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
-2 tablespoons honey
-goat cheese {optional - if you are not a goat cheese fan, try parmesan cheese}

1. Set the oven to 375 degrees and cut the brussels sprouts in half or in quarters if they are large pieces.

2. Place all the brussels sprouts in a glass baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil.  Toss to coat the pieces and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.  Roast the brussels sprouts in the oven for about 45 minutes.  They are done when the pieces are fork tender and have nice crisp brown edges.


3. About 3 minutes before the brussels are done cooking, put the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small sauce pan.  Heat over medium-high heat and stir all together.  One the mixture comes to a boil reduce the heat to low and allow to cook for a minute so the mixture can reduce down to a nice syrupy sauce.

4. Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven, put on a serving platter and drizzle with the balsamic and honey sauce.


These sprouts are great as is, but if you want to make them extra special, top with crumbled goat cheese or thin slices of fresh parmesan.


If you think you are a brussels sprouts hater, try this recipe and get back to me :).

Enjoy!

Find more recipe, diy, and life in general posts on my blog, {Acute Designs}.  Happy Holidays! xo, Gina

Be sure to check out more, including my Winter StyleDIY mason jar snow globe & Marshmallow & Cranberry Garland!

Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan