12 Days Of Christmas: DIY Mason Jar Snow Globe

12.06.2012



Hi there! I'm Julie and I blog over here. When Jessica told me about her 12 Days of Christmas series, I though this mason jar snow globe tutorial would be fun to share with you guys. 

This project was so fun and I love how mine turned out. (Let me add a little disclaimer here though, because my snow globes only lasted for a season. The dye on the tree turned the water green so I'm still trying to figure out how to fix that!)

It's a relatively easy tutorial that you can make in one afternoon (with Christmas music playing and Christmas cookies in the oven, perhaps?).



What you'll need:
  • Mason Jar
  • Distilled Water
  • Liquid Glycerin
  • Glitter
  • Figurines
  • Epoxy/Crazy Glue


(I found the glycerin at the drug store in the pharmacy section.)

Using the Crazy Glue, attach your figurines to the lid of the mason jar. Let them dry completely. (I waited 24 hours to be sure.)


Next, fill your jar almost to the top with distilled water. Add a dash of liquid glycerin (this is used to make the glitter fall more slowly). The amount is glitter you add is sort of at your own discretion. I ended up experimenting and some of mine have a lot of glitter and some don't. Screw the cap on tightly and shake your jar to get the glitter moving.

And you're done! Give your Christmas decorations a pretty handmade touch this year using this easy tutorial!
Photobucket



Don't forget! Lil Sprout Greetings is giving away an adorable chalkboard themed Christmas card!


Head on over to enter to win this beautiful card!


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan