Wednesday with Jenna: DIY Mini Cake Stand & Linky Party

8.22.2012



Jenna, my lovely friend & new DIY contributor is back this week for another 'Wednesday with Jenna' DIY tutorial! 

In case you missed last weeks tutorial, go check out how to make a super cute necklace holder! 


WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Card stock/scrapbooking paper
  • Heart shaped paper punch
  • Glitter
  • Candle Holder/Vase
  • Plate
  • Cake cover lid


I went to goodwill and for only $3 I bought an old candle holder, a plate, and a cake cover lid. They didn't have the bottom part, but that worked perfectly for this project! 

I cleaned all the glass pieces really good and started to punch out little hearts from a variety of scrapbook paper.  You can see all the colorful hearts in the bottom & that's such a fun added touch!  I also sprinkled some glitter in with the hearts for good measure!

I used the hot glue gun to glue a piece of lace like paper on top of the base so when you place the plate on it, you can't see the glue marks. Then I hot glued the glass plate on top of the candle holder to act as a base for the cake to sit on.  

Then because everyone needs more glitter in their life, I glued glitter all over the cake lid handle! 

Now all you need is a little cutie like this one to dig in!



Stalk Find Jenna:

Keep up with all 'Wednesday with Jenna' DIY's here


Did you make something or complete a project this week? Link up & share! 

Photobucket


Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan