Old Shutters Turned Headboard + Bedroom Sneak Peek.

3.20.2013

Pin It!

When we moved to our new home about a year ago, it was the first time we had our own bedroom since we had kids.  For 6 years there was always a crib in our bedroom because we never had enough bedrooms for everyone. 

I vowed to make us a cozy, private little retreat in this house.  I am not done by any means, but here is a peek at what I have done so far.

Pin It!

Here are some things I love:

Color
Old, rustic things
Re-purposing
Maps
Fun Prints

My amazing + colorful afghan from Emma was the inspiration for the colorful decor! 

Pin It!

I wanted to combine all those things I love and make a cute, re-purposed headboard + focal point. 


I have collected old things for a while now & put them to good use! 

Pin It!

Top 2 prints - Yellow Heart Art
Black & White Love print: Mandipidy
Map: On Paper
Barn Wood Frame: Old Red Barn Shop

Pin It!


Pin It!

Quilt made by The Sweet Sugar Beet.

Pin It!


Pin It!

My favorite: A true love story never ends sign from Barn Owl Primitives.

Pin It!

Picture circa 2003 on our honeymoon in Mexico. Seriously, look at my abs...and I thought I wasn't skinny then...CRAZY TALK! 

Pin It!

I LOVE my sheets from Target. They are so fun & bright and coming from a girl who is not a fan of sheets: COMFY! 


Our room is still a work in progress & I want to do so much more, but I am happy with my little re-purposed headboard & the start of the decor! 


Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan