DIY: Iced Coffee Frappe & My Best Friend

5.06.2010

I know...the title is a little random,
but bare with me...

I met my best friend Crystal in the second grade...we grew up together...went through the awful years of Jr High together...were inseparable in high school (people thought we were twins)...started dating (our now husbands) at the same time...I got married to my high school sweetheart in June of 2003 & she to her high school sweetheart in July of 2003...the day she gave birth to her first son I was at the hospital with her & that very night I found out I was pregnant with my first...but now she lives 2 hours away & I miss her!

But we still are very close and share everything by texting each other all day long (thank the Lord for unlimited texting) and talk on the phone multiple times a week...and visit whenever possible.

Crystal is so supportive of my blog & my etsy shop! She is the reason for this post on Iced Coffee!! We both LOVE coffee & she makes her own Iced Coffees. She often texts me "you need a break, I made you an iced coffee." Oh how I wish I was there to drink it with her!

Anyway, she gave me her recipe
to share with all of you!!
Here is it:
BLEND TOGETHER:

3 tablespoons of instant coffee or
any of the international coffee instant mixes.

1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
3/4 cup milk with eight ice cubes

Its perfect and addicting!
I've went to no sugar and using 1% milk to cut calories :)

I was going to have her take some pictures of
her finished product,
but her camera broke
so here are some I found:


this one was titled
Best Friends Iced Coffee Cup
so I thought it was appropriate!

Crystal also sent me this
incredibly yummy looking recipe from
Martha Stewart Weddings:


Ingredients (makes 3)

Directions

  1. Blend 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup cold water, the instant-coffee frappe; mix, and sugar in a blender until combined, about 30 seconds. Divide among 3 tall glasses filled with ice. Pour 2 tablespoons milk into each glass. Serve immediately, topped with cotton candy.
Thanks Crystal! I love & Miss you!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan