DIY Burlap & Bunting Fresh Herb Pots

5.03.2011


I wanted some fresh herbs on my window sill
{to use when I actually cook}
but I didn't want boring old pots.
So I jazzed up some simple terracotta pots!

Here is what you need:
  • 3 Terracotta pots
  • Burlap 
  • Coordinating fabric
  • Fabric Glue
  • Scissors
  • Colored Twine
  • Herb kit {I got mine at the Dollar Store}
  • Herb Marker :)
I started by cutting a strip of burlap to fit around my pot.
Then I glued it to the pot with fabric glue.
{I did this to two 4" pots}

I cut a strip of pretty yellow fabric to fit around my 3rd pot.
I cut Aqua twine to use as the bunting & tie around my pot.
I cut 4 diamond shapes using my fabric to make the flags.
Then I folded the diamonds around the twine & glued them together.
I tied the bunting around the pot.
I did this for 2 of my 3 pots.
Then I glued the fabric strip I cut out and glued it to the 3rd pot.
I let them dry overnight and then filled them with the potting soil, planted the seeds & added my cute "fresh herbs" garden marker!

So fun & Easy! 
I can't wait until my herbs start growing!

Here is what I planted :

  •  Sweet Basil {great in salad, soup or with Veggies}
  • Oregano {Adds zest to tomatoes, green beans & soups}
  • Parsley {gives veggies, salads & soups a peppery flavor}
  • Sage {often used with chicken & pork}
  • Thyme {Enhances flavor of soup, fish, chicken & meatloaf}
  • Cilantro {Adds flavor to stir-fry, soups & stews}

I will be linking up to these great parties!

Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan