January Audiobook Review: 'Infinite Days'

1.13.2011

As you may know, I am participating in The Bewitched Bookworms Audiobook Challenge & I have completed the first book in the 12 audiobook challenge.

The Audiobook I chose to listen to for January was:

'Infinite Days' by Rebecca Maizel Read by Justine Eyre
Tantor Audio, p2010.
Duration: 9 hours
Audiobook borrowed from Library

Description from Goodreads:
"Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish." (more)
At first I was very reluctant about the whole audiobook thing...I never had listened to one before and found it hard to concentrate at first without a book in my hand to actually read. My mind would wander and instead of re-reading a paragraph, I found myself rewinding a lot!

But I got the hang of it and really enjoyed listening to this book! The author's British accent was very soothing! :)

When I started reading I was really impressed by this book! I liked that instead of it being predominately about Lenah as a vampire, it was about her becoming human and learning how to live as a human girl after centuries of reigning as a cruel vampire queen. It was a refreshing twist on the fantasy I love to read so much! But don't fret, there are also flashbacks to her old life as an evil vampire queen that give you the insight you need into her old world. I enjoyed those flashbacks very much! We learn alot about her and Rhode (sigh), her life as a vampire and her life with her coven.

What I loved the most about the story is the journey Lenah takes becoming a mortal again. The relationships she forms with Tony & Justin and the things she has to learn to become a normal 16 year old girl after centuries of living as a ruthless Vampire Queen.

Just as I was getting into the relationship between Lenah and Justin...here comes the ending. The ending had me a little upset....I was all like WAIT...WHAT?! What just happened...DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS...I even rewound to listen again & make sure I didn't miss something. I didn't.

I started to wonder if there would be a sequel that would answer my questions, so I had to look it up online. Turns out it is actually a Trilogy! The second book is called Stolen Nights and is expected to be released in June 2011. Yippee!! I won't be left hanging forever!

Bottom Line...I give this book:

that little baby star is the 1/2 :)

And for more fun, here is the book trailer for Infinite Days:


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan