Our 10th Anniversary Rustic Barn Party

8.05.2013


This summer was our 10 year wedding anniversary! I didn't want to do the usual dinner and a movie.  I wanted to do something special, something really memorable, something with our close friends and family. I mean, ten years is a LONG time! I am very proud that I have been married to my best friend for this long! 



Parents of our friends own this adorable barn that they hold weddings at & I knew it was perfect for the party I wanted to throw! 


me & my love. high school sweethearts...


I knew I wanted the decor to be rustic & inexpensive. I also knew that chalkboards, twinkle lights & mason jars would be the main decor inspiration. With that in mind, I had my friend Val create the custom hand lettered invitations & then all the decor was based off of them. I kind of loved them, a lot! 




I did not have to buy much at all, I used a lot of things I already owned to decorate with.  I did however HAVE to buy these World Market mason jar drink dispensers, obviously. 



I put mason jars in my vintage Dr. Pepper crate & I loved the little paper straws we used! Even though they get a little mushy after a while, they are too cute to pass up. 


We had several yummy adult beverages: citrus vodka slush (i altered this recipe a bit), peach sangria & beer. We also had lemon basil water using basil from my garden! 


We chose to have hot appetizers & dessert. We sat down & picked our favorites: Fresh Summer Salad, BBQ chicken strips, shrimp cocktail, tomato bruchetta, loaded potato skins & buffalo chicken dip.  
For dessert we had Brooks' favorite, chocolate chip cookies & my favorite, cheesecake! 

My favorite sea salt caramels! 


me & my bff, Crystal


I created a diy photo backdrop using my prized vintage sheet collection & it was perfect! 

We had a ton of fun using it! 


The best part was the diy mason jars everyone got to decorate & take home.  We spray painted hearts on the jars with chalk board spray paint & had chalk markers available for everyone to get creative with! It was really a lot of fun! 



It was the perfect night! Getting to celebrate with our closest friends and family...I could not have asked for a better husband or better people to celebrate 10 years with him!

Here's to many more decades with you, love! 

Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan