DIY Indoor Succulent Garden

2.02.2012


I have had my eye on these succulents for a while now...in fact, I have included them in several posts in the past.  They were sitting there in my Etsy Favs just staring at me screaming "buy me, buy me!"  So, since they were begging me, I finally decided to go for it. I called it an early Birthday present to myself! ;) 


I got my succulents from Heather of Succulents Galore.  I AM SO GLAD I DID.  Not only did she answer all 1,328 of my questions, she was extremely helpful and SUPER NICE!  {Thanks Heather} 


Under Heather's instruction, I bought the Miracle Grow Cactus potting soil for my new plants!


  1. I gathered my beautiful succulents.
  2. Filled the bottom of my tin with a little sand because the plants like porous soil & don't like soggy roots!
  3. Mixed the sand with my soil
  4. Planted my little lovelies in the muffin tin.



I was going to plant them all in muffin tins, but decided to mix it up a little! I had got this wooden box a while back and decided it made the perfect home for some succulents on my kitchen table! 


I also found these CUTE little vintage cups on Etsy for $8 for 4 and HAD to have them! I sit these in my studio beside my laptop...they make me smile every time I see them!


Some things I love about my succulents:
  • They don't require constant watering. 

I ALWAYS forget to water my plants. These are perfect! They store water in their leaves so they don't need constant watering!

  • They remind me of my Grandma Helen, she had these in pots outside. You know, the kind with holes in the side & the succulents hang out all over the pot? SO neat!
  • They are cute...I love cute things!
  • The leaves (or cuttings) will re root themselves! 
SO cool! I had a few leaves fall off, so I stuck them in a pot of soil & am hoping they re root & grow me another little succulent!

Do you have succulents? What are your favorite kinds?
Linking up at whipperberry
Photobucket
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan